Monday, October 29, 2007

When The Night Is Dark - Assignment 4


The purpose of this assignment as I understood it was to shoot under different lighting situations and see how these changed or altered the outcome of the picture. I shot under a variety of different situations for this assignment and achieved many different outcomes. One of the most dramatic of which was this picture of my car headlights. There are a number of different light sources which are visible, if not in view itself then in influence. The are a number of tungsten light sources visible in the background. We also have the whiter light of the headlights themselves. This whole scene was shot under a yellow street light. I chose to have movement in the picture for a number of reasons. One was it is an interesting contrast to the car and its stability and lack of motion. It also reflects somewhat on my indecision as far as deciding if I wanted to be in the picture or not. The lighting overall provided an yellow cast to the picture itself.

No comments: